Notes (excerpts from the terms and conditions)
Important notice related to the contract details of Japan Welcome SIM&Wi-Fi Service (hereinafter “JWSIM Service”) and Japan Welcome SIM&Wi-Fi-0 Service (hereinafter “JWSIM-0 Service”)
* This notice is an informative translation of important clauses extracted from the contract conditions (original) of the “Japan Welcome SIM&Wi-Fi Service Contract (Japanese) and the Japan Welcome SIM&Wi-Fi-0 Service Contract (Japanese).”
* If this notice has an inconsistency with the original conditions, priority is given to the latter.
- JWSIM Service and JWSIM-0 Service are dedicated to data communications. The user cannot make voice calls. Only SMS reception is available.
- Basic charges: JWSIM Service: 1,080 JPY (including tax)/Initial high speed data communication volume: 0 MB
JWSIM-0 Service: Free/Initial high speed data communication volume: From 100 MB
- Purchase data charges (high speed data communication volume: JPY 216 (tax-included) for 100 MB; JPY 756 (tax-included) for 500 MB; JPY 1,296 (tax-included) for 1 GB)
- The communication speed is high as long as there is high speed data communication remaining. If there is no high speed data communication remaining, communication speed will switch to 128 kbps.
- With regard to the application for the Japan Welcome SIM service, only when purchased at the time of application for contract, high-speed data can be purchased at JPY 756 (tax-included) for 600 MB; JPY 1,296 (tax-included) for 1.2 GB; JPY 1,944 (tax-included) for 2 GB
- In addition, high speed data communication is given when the user views a campaign or PR video clip, downloads an application, or answers a questionnaire on the JWSIM Service and JWSIM-0 Service website (hereinafter “Website”). The conditions for granting communication data volume are displayed on the Website.
- The campaign, clip, application, and questionnaire lineups, as well as the data acquisition requirements, may vary depending on the user attributes and periods.
- Before making an application for JWSIM Service or JWSIM-0 Service, the applicant shall be issued a d ACCOUNT and register an email address.
- To pay the charges for JWSIM Service or JWSIM-0 Service and to purchase data, the user has to have a credit card (VISA, Master, American Express, or JCB).
- Even if no charge is necessary to pay when making an application for JWSIM Service because of the use of a coupon code or JWSIM-0 Service, the contractor shall register its credit card for personal authentication.
- You cannot apply for JWSIM-0 Service if the number of SIM cards lent by the Company reaches the maximum limit.
- Regarding JWSIM-0 Service, we will not lend a SIM card to you, even after you make an application, when the number of the cards prepared by our Company reaches the maximum limit specified on our website.
- Regarding JWSIM-0 Service, the maximum limit of SIM cards to be lent, or a place where you can receive the SIM card, may change without notice. In this case, information after the change shall be as provided on our website.
- JWSIM Service and JWSIM-0 Service are limited to those who are 20 years old or older, and those who make an application personally.
- Please visit HERE to find a place where you can receive the SIM card.
- You can receive the SIM card and start our data communication service during a period of 150 days from the date that you completed your application (inclusive), and your qualification to start the service will automatically expire on the 151st day after the completion of the application.
- The availability period of data communication service is 15 days from the date you start using the service (inclusive), and the service period will automatically expire on the 16th day. In addition, during the campaign starting from October 9, 2018, the availability period will extend to 20 days, which will automatically expire on the 21st day.
*The date when the campaign ends will be published on our website at least 150 days in advance.
- Even if you make additional purchases and charges during the service period, your service period for the data communication cannot be extended.
- Although the maximum speed under the high speed data communication service is 988 Mbps (down-stream)/75 Mbps (up-stream), we cannot guarantee this as a real-world speed. The data communication speed may degrade depending on the terminal, telecommunication facilities in the area, and whether the network is congested, etc.
- Although the maximum speed under the low speed data communication service (128 kbps-communication) is 128 kbps for both up-stream and down-stream, we cannot guarantee this as a real-world speed. The data communication speed may degrade depending on the terminal, telecommunication facilities in the area, and whether the network is congested, etc.
- You can only use our services in the areas that we provide the LTE and FOMA (3G) services. You may not be able to use our services if you are in a place that is too distant from our base stations, or where our telecommunication signal cannot reach due to, for example, radio disturbance caused by near-by buildings and structures.
- JWSIM Service and JWSIM-0 Service can use the wireless IP access service.
- Communication related to the use of the wireless access IP service can be performed only when the mobile wireless equipment connected to the telecommunication line is located within its operating area. However, even within such operating area, you may not be able to use the wireless IP access service if it is difficult for our telecommunication signal to reach you, JWSIM Service is not available due to discontinuation of the service, or it is unavoidable due to the maintenance or construction of telecommunications facilities.
- The conditions of data communication, restrictions and discontinuation of the use of data communication, and obligations of the contractor pertaining to the connection and use of self-managed terminal equipment or self-managed telecommunication facilities, shall be in accordance with the provisions of the wireless IP communication network service contract.
- JWSIM Service and JWSIM-0 Service are only available in Japan.
- You can use JWSIM Service and JWSIM-0 Service with a SIM lock-free terminal that meets the following criteria (please check the specification of your terminal by yourself before making an application):
- The provider of the SIM card used for your terminal in your home country has executed a roaming partnership contract with DOCOMO, or your terminal is certified to conform to the technical standards;
- The terminal you plan to use with our SIM card supports any of the following frequencies:
LTE: Band1/3/19/21/28; FOMA (3G): Band I/VI/XIX
- Once you pay the service fee, we cannot refund it regardless of whether you use JWSIM Service or JWSIM-0 Service or not.
- If you would like to terminate the contract during the service period, please visit and proceed on the Website.
- If any provision of the contract of JWSIM Service or JWSIM-0 Service changes, we will immediately upload such change on the Website.
Also you can confirm your contract details on the Website. (Please visit the URL indicated below, and then go to “Log-in” --> “Menu” --> “Customer Information.”)
◆ URL of the Website ◆https://wow-j.com/en/sim_wifi/