- Make sure the SIM telephone number entered is correct.
- The number shall consist of 11 digits beginning with any of 070, 080, and 090.
- All the numerals should be a single-byte.
- The number does not have neither a space nor a hyphen between numerals or at the end.
<How to check the telephone number>
- Use the telephone number shown in the back of the SIM.
- Search your smartphone for the telephone number.
Make sure Japan Welcome SIM&Wi-Fi is inserted.
<Android> * The method may vary depending on the smartphone model. Settings > About Phone > Status > Telephone No. (0x0-xxxx-xxxx)
<iOS> Phone > Contacts > your telephone No. (0x0-xxxx-xxxx)
- Your smartphone is able to use SMS.
*Terminals including iPad shall not be used because they cannot receive a message via SMS.
*With such terminals, you cannot activate the SIM. After using a SMS-able smartphone to complete the activation, you can use this service with your SMS-disabled smartphone.