Fine sushi in Japan/
How to make sushi
Sushi is one of the most well-known symbolic food in Japanese cuisine. WOW! JAPAN informs you about various 'sushi' from conveyor belt sushi(Kaiten sushi) to a luxurious fine dining experience with sushi. When you come to Japan, you can enjoy not only just eating sushi, but also learn how to make sushi which will make your trip even more valuable.
Types of main sushi
The handful sushi is a sushi seed placed on a small lump of rice vinegared, gripped with both hands to make it mixed. There is wasabi between rice and fish. Using hands or chopsticks, if necessary, add soy sauce and eat. History of sushi is not that long, which was invented in Edo in the Edo period. Japanese counts one piece of sushi as " 1 kan", and often applies letters of "貫". In English, you can use the term "Nigiri" when you order sushi.
Rolled sushi is sushi rolled with ingredients and vinegared rice with long seaweed. Also called "makimono" or "seaweed roll". It spreads seaweed on the winding straw, rolled with rice dish and appliance. Depending on the difference in thickness, there are different names from "Hosomaki(thin sushi)" "Chumaki(middle thickness)" and "Futomaki(thickest)" respectively. In Edo, people loved to eat the thin maki(kan-pyo maki), which was later called seaweed roll. Also called "warships maki", rolled seaweed on the side of vinegared rice, some on top of which are crumbled materials such as salmon roe and sea urchin. Even outside Japan - Various kinds of rolled sushi have been created. Even in English, you can communicate the term with "Maki".
Overseas California · Roll Sushi is very popular!
California Roll is a hand-rolled or backwound (rolling it from the outside in order of vinegared rice, seaweed, ingredients) such as crab flavor kamaboko (or boiled crab's legs), avocado, mayonnaise, white sesame etc. Authentic crabs are rarely used for California rolls in California, and mayonnaise is also very rarely used. In America, there are many cases where cucumbers are rolled with avocado. Sesame is often decorated outside, and sometimes it is used a fish roe instead of sesame. Also, sometimes you do not use laver. By the way, in the "Tokyo Kaikan" which is said to be the birthplace of Roll sushi, made a roll sushi with the crab legs, avocados, cucumbers and white sesame seeds with laver outside.
hand-rolled sushi of sushi shop
Sushi wrapping rice and ingredients with seaweed by hand without using corkscrews is called "hand-rolled sushi", and "Tsukiji Tamashiji" began in 1976, the shop calls "original winning Suehiro hand winding".
Home-made hand-rolled sushi
Hand-rolled sushi which is also served as one of Japanese home party dishes is to prepare sushi rice and ingredients and laver separately and put on sushi rice on it individually and have your own favorite Place ingredients on sushi rice and wind it with your hands to eat. Various ingredients such as vegetables, cooked meat, tempura and fry may be used as ingredients in addition to raw fish.
Various kinds of fishes are mixed in with vinegared rice and decorated with scrambled eggs. Also at Edo-front Sushi, sushi's fishes are squeezed on top of white rice vinegar.
In addition to the above, there are various kinds of sushi such as Inari sushi, pushed sushi, brown sushi, handmade sushi, creative sushi, and so on.
Experience Japanese Culture [Sushi]
Shop Tsukiji like a Pro and Cook Up Delicious Seafood
- Private tour of Tsukiji Market
- Learn how to choose the best ingredients for sushi and other dishes
- Make a complete Japanese meal, including homemade dashi stock!
Visiting A House Full Of Fun and Good Food
- Visit an olden-style Japanese house.
- Learn how to make sushi rolls.
- Conveniently located near the Kansai International Airport.
Read About Japan [Sushi] ー sort by newest to oldest ー
- Useful tips before going to conveyor belt sushi restaurants - WOW! JAPAN
- Topics of Sushi
- Stinky but Good!? Fermented Japanese Foods to Try
- Battleground of Sushi! 5 Recommended Sushi Shops in Ikebukuro
- Trivia on Sushi, Tempura, and Other Dishes in Tokyo’s Food Culture
- From Hotel Buffets to Sushi-go-rounds! Six Places in Osaka to Enjoy Crab
- Have a Taste of Luxury! Top 5 Shops for a Sumptuous Dinner in Osaka
- If You’re Eating at Hokkaido’s Port Town of Hakodate, Head to These Shops! 5 Recommended Sushi Joints
- Inside Tokyo’s Tsukiji Market! Top 10 Shops for Delicious Food
- Food to Have in the Winter! Five Select Specialty Foods and Ingredients that Represent the Gourmet City of Kanazawa
- Five Select Restaurants to Enjoy Lunches Unique to Kyoto
- The Toppings are Perfect for Sushi Experts! The Conveyor Belt Sushi that Does Not Go Around in Abashiri, Hokkaido
- 5 Popular Restaurants in Fukuoka that Serve Fresh Seafood and Tempura
- Hokuou Joshi: A Swedish Girl’s Life in Japan Volume 1, Chapter 4 (88)
- 3 Must-Eat Sushi/Kaisendon Shops in Hokkaido’s Port Town of Rumoi
- Hokuou Joshi: A Swedish Girl’s Life in Japan Volume 1, Chapter 4 (70)
- Where to Enjoy Fresh Seafood! Five Select Sushi Bars in Sendai
- Three Select Sushi and Seafood Bowls to Try in Mashike, Hokkaido
- Five Select Japanese Restaurants in the Nihonbashi Area Over 100 Years Old
- Five Recommended Sushi Bars in Hiroshima
- Definitely a bargain! 5 High-End Sushi Restaurants in Sapporo with Budget Lunches
- [Video]Useful Tips For Sushi Train Restaurants
- Recommended Premium Sushi Restaurants in Kanazawa
- 5 Recommended Sushi Shops in Tsukiji Market
- Five Select Restaurants Within The Conveyor Belt Sushi Battleground of Kanazawa
- 5 Ways to Enjoy Aoyama Omotesando, One of the Most Stylish Areas in Tokyo
- A Great Deal! Discount Lunches at Luxury Sushi Restaurants in Tokyo
- 5 Popular 24 Hour Sushi Restaurants in Tokyo
- 5 Recommended Tokyo Kaisendon Restaurants
- Five Restaurants in Fukuoka with Outstanding Seafood Bowls
- The more you know, the tastier it is! Complete Information on Sushi Ingredients – White Meat Edition
- The more you know, the tastier it is! Complete Information on Sushi Ingredients – Hikarimono Edition
- The more you know, the tastier it is! Complete Information on Sushi Ingredients – Gunkanmaki and Others Edition
- Cheap and Convenient! Five Sushi Shops That Allow Takeout
- The more you know, the tastier it is! Complete Information on Sushi Ingredients – Lean Meat Edition
- The more you know, the tastier it is! Complete Information on Sushi Ingredients – Shellfish Edition
- This is great! 5 Recommended All-You-Can-Eat Sushi Shops in Nagoya
- Only in That Region! Five Select Regional Sushi Ingredients Vol.3
- Feel like a real chef! 5 Places in Tokyo Where You Can Experience Making Nigiri Sushi
- What a Find! Four All-You-Can-Eat Sushi Bars in Osaka
- What a Find! Five All-You-Can-Eat Sushi Bars in Fukuoka
- What a Find! Four All-You-Can-Eat Sushi Bars in Hokkaido
- Find the Local Specialties! Five Japanese Regional Sushi Ingredients, Vol. 2
- Great to know! 5 Recommended All-You-Can-Eat Sushi Spots in Tokyo
- Five All-You-Can Eat Kyoto Sushi Bars!
- For Sushi Experts! 5 Unorthodox Sushi and Side Dishes at Conveyor Belt Sushi Restaurants
- 5 Recommended Conveyor Belt Sushi Restaurants in Sapporo
- 5 Recommended Sushi Restaurants in Kanazawa
- Recommended High-Class Sushi Restaurants in Fukuoka
- In this area only! 5 Regional Sushi Ingredients
- Become a Sushi Expert! Sushi History And Local Characteristics
- How to Order and Eat Sushi and Related Terminology
- 5 Recommended Conveyor Belt Sushi Restaurants in Nagoya
- 5 Recommended High-Class Sushi Restaurants in Nagoya
- Anyone can make it! How To Make Temaki Sushi (Hand-Rolled Sushi)
- Recommended Fine Dining Sushi Restaurants in Sapporo
- 5 Recommended Conveyor Belt Sushi Restaurants in Fukuoka
- Best High-Class Sushi Restaurants in Osaka
- 5 Recommended Conveyor Belt Sushi Restaurants in Kyoto
- So Many! Introducing Various Sushi
- Recommended High-Class Sushi Restaurants in Kyoto
- Recommended Conveyer Belt Sushi Restaurants in Tokyo
- 5 Recommended Conveyor Belt Sushi Restaurants in Osaka
- Cheap and delicious! 5 Recommended Tachigui Restaurants in Tokyo
- 5 Recommended Sushi Restaurants in Sapporo
- 5 Recommended Restaurants in Haneda Airport
- Top 5 Sushi Train Restaurants in Shinjuku
- Food-Themed Amusement Parks ☆ 7 Cheap and Fun kaitenzushi Restaurants
- 6 Recommended Restaurants in Tokyo With an All-You-Can-Eat Menu
- Now This is the Authentic Flavor! 5 of Tokyo’s Famous Sushi Shops
- Reasonable and Delicious! 5 Japanese Soul Foods
- Sushi Restaurants Have Their Own Unique Etiquette! Know Before You Go
- Three Selected Ginza Sushi Restaurants with English Menus
- Three Selected Restaurants in Downtown Tokyo’s Asakusa Area Where You Can Eat Excellent Sushi at Reasonable Prices
- Three Selected Sushi Restaurants near Shibuya Station that are Welcoming to Foreigners
- Three Selected Shinjuku Sushi Restaurants That Pleases Your Eyes and Taste Buds
*Please note that the information in this article is from the time of writing or publication and may differ from the latest information.